All entries at a glance
- How strong is the exudate absorption of LIGASANO® white?
- AZO colours
- Chronic wounds
- Dosage forms
- THE GREEN CLIMATE GRID
- Pressure tension
- Blood flow stimulation
- Exudate absorption
- Exudate management
- Moist wound care
- Gel and LIGASANO®
- Shelf life of LIGASANO®
- History of LIGAMED®, LIGASANO® weiß, LIGASANO® grün
- Storage, conditions
- LIGASANO® white
- LIGASANO® green
- Air permeability
- Mechanical stimulus
- Modern wound care
- MRSA - Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- Ointments, resistance of LIGASANO®
- Ointments, solutions, medications: Interactions with LIGASANO
- Ointments, change of effect of LIGASANO®
- Foams as wound dressings
- Sweating on LIGASANO®
- Deep wounds with narrow entrance
- Ulcus cruris
- Dressing changes
- Sticking to the wound
- Prescribability of LIGASANO®
- Water vapour permeability
- Wound healing disorders
- Wound management
- Wound cleaning
- Wound calm - Wound disturbance due to change of supply
The fixation of LIGASANO® white must always be open to air, never occlusive.
Below are some options, with subjective evaluation by the author.
Practice grade inadequate
Fixation with adhesive plaster strips
Does not hold very well and can exert small traction on the skin. Even "skin-friendly" plasters strain the skin during peeling.
Practice mark satisfactory
Large-area, air-permeable adhesive plaster
e.g.. Fixomull stretch
Relatively expensive, holds quite well, skin stress during peeling.
Practice mark good
Net pants, fixing pants, net hose, tubular bandage
No skin stress, easy to change, may be reusable.
Disadvantage: Brakes compared to textiles. When the patient slips around,
the fixation and LIGASANO® can slip as well
Practice mark very good
Women's nylon pantyhose or parts thereof
Very inexpensive (-,40 to -,90 €), possibly reusable.
The cheapest product is the best quality for this application because it is wide meshed and permeable to air. Can be cut up at will and thus replace any fixing panties and any tubular bandage.
Advantage: The nylon material glides well over textiles, but slows down compared to LIGASANO®. Even if the patient slides around in bed, LIGASANO® remains in place.